Why Hope Health & Wellness for Auto Accident Treatment
Our bodies do not have what it takes to withstand the effect of a car accident. Car accidents can bring about long-term complications to the body in the event that it is not treated, even on the off chance that there are no noticeable indications of external problems. While extreme accidents can send you to the local hospital, less severe accidents can still cause internal trauma. In this event, it is recommended to set an appointment for a check-up and treatment to keep any further harm from being done.
The benefit of getting your treatment at Hope Health & Wellness for your trauma injuries is that there is only one office you ever have to go to for all your Chiropractic, Medical, and Physical Therapy needs.
Common Car Accident Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Extreme whiplash
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain
- Arm pain
- Leg pain
- Head pain
- Slipped disc
- Disc protrusion
- Pinched nerves
- Sciatica and other types of radiating pain
- Sleeping disorders
- General discomfort
Auto Accident Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are among the most common car accident injuries. Car accidents are a leading cause of TBIs, second only to falls. They are responsible for nearly 300,000 of the 1.7 million TBIs that occur annually, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
A car accident head injury can cause memory loss, hearing and vision issues, and even permanent brain damage that can drastically change an accident victim’s life. The repercussions of a head injury, including steep medical bills and lost wages, can impact the victim’s family for years to come. If you’ve suffered a head injury or TBI in a motor vehicle accident, this is what you must know.
At Hope Health & Wellness, our neurology team uses state-of-the-art, evidence-based protocols for diagnosing and treating Traumatic Brain Injury. Our team of physicians includes a board-certified neurologist, neuropsychologist, audiologist, psychologist, psychiatrist, and neuro-ophthalmologist.
How We Help
Manual and gentle adjustments are commonly used to realign the vertebrae in your spine or joints that are out of place. This can happen for many reasons such as trauma, car accidents, slip and falls, or just regular daily activities.
Cold Laser Therapy
Cold laser therapy is low-intensity laser therapy that stimulates healing while using low levels of light. Helps to repair the annular tear in your disc.
Deep Tissue Neuromuscular Therapy
Reduces muscle spasms and improves range of motion.
We are proud to be the only clinic in Florida to have the Anti-Gravity Decompression Chair. While in an anti-gravity position, we can reduce the pressure on your disc and nerves and increase your mobility.
Promotes revascularization and stimulates the healing process of connective tissue, including tendons and ligaments, reducing pain and improving function.
Pulsed Electromagnetic Frequency- stimulates blood flow to improve healing
Physical therapists are movement experts. They help people improve or restore mobility and reduce their pain. Through hands-on care and patient education, our Physical Therapist will improve the quality of your life.
A form of high-frequency electrical wave stimulation that uses electricity to contract muscle tissue.
We use evidence-based technology to diagnose and treat Traumatic Brain Injury. To diagnose a TBI, we perform a battery of testing that includes all the parameters of symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury.
Why Hope Health & Wellness?
Highly Trained, Licensed Therapists
Our commitment to providing the highest level of care by custom-designing your program to meet your specific needs and goals.
Cutting Edge Technology
We offer the most innovative technology and techniques in the field to get faster results for your recovery.
Pledge of Excellence
Our highly experienced therapists are trained to perform in-depth evaluations and create a precise treatment plan that uncovers and addresses the root cause of your problem.
What To Do After A Car Accident
Safety is the number one priority after an accident:
- Are you and your passengers okay?
- Contact the police and call for an ambulance if necessary.
- Is your car in a safe location? If not, can it safely be moved to a better location?
- Check to see if others need help.
- Do not talk to anyone about the accident other than emergency personnel.
- Never accept blame or fault for the accident. You may be unaware of all factors that contributed to the accident (did a tire blowout, was the driver of the other car texting etc…).
While waiting for help to arrive take note of important information:
- If possible, take pictures of the scene, the cars involved, obstructions, skid marks.
- Collect name, address, driver’s license number, date of birth and insurance information from all other involved drivers.
- Write down the name, address, phone and email from all passengers and witnesses at the scene.
Once help has arrived:
- Confirm the officer writes an official accident report and ask how to get a copy.
- Ask for the officer’s name, badge number and contact information.
- If you are treated at the scene, get the EMT’s and/or the hospital’s contact information.
- If your car is towed, get the towing company’s contact information.
After the accident:
- Seek medical treatment. The shock of a collision my hide injuries, aches and pain for hours, days and even weeks.
- Call your insurance company and get a claim number. The claim number notifies your auto insurance you were injured in an accident.The claim number helps your lawyer to communicate with your car insurance and will facilitate your auto repairs in the event the person who caused the accident was not insured.
- Make an appointment with Dr. Andrew Hope and the medical staff at Hope Health & Wellness, your accident and injury wellness center in West Palm Beach and Palm Beach Gardens within 14 days. That’s the law… Click here to learn more about the 14 day law.
- Chiropractic treatment and medical treatment are critical for your recovery. Our doctors take their time with their patients to give them the highest quality of care.
- At Hope Health & Wellness, all your injuries will be properly documented and your insurance company will be kept up to date as to your progress.
- It is very important to follow the doctor’s treatment plan in order to achieve optimal health and recovery. Each patient is different and the medical care is specific for each patient.
We will work closely with your attorney should you feel it necessary to obtain one. If you are not sure if you need one or not, we can recommend some of the best reputable attorneys in the Palm Beach County area that will gladly give you a free consultation and discuss your rights with you.
What Are the Laws on Medical Care After a Car Accident?
Under Florida’s new personal injury protection law, which went into effect on January 1, 2014, victims who are injured in a car accident have up to 14 days to seek medical care and receive benefits. After this time period is up, victims will not be entitled to receive benefits under personal injury protection coverage. This law also allows victims to receive up to $10,000 in benefits if a healthcare provider determines that their injuries are an emergency. For injuries that are considered a non-emergency, victims can receive up to $2,500 in benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I See An Attorney Before I See My Health Care Team?
It is best to get examined by a Hope Health and Wellness doctor first. Our physicians specialize in treating personal injuries suffered in car accidents. Your exam findings will give you the information you need to decide if an attorney is necessary and which one may be right for you. If necessary, we can refer you to a reputable and qualified Palm Beach County Personal Injury Attorney.
If I Need Treatment For My Injuries, Who's Going To Pay For It?
No fault personal injury protection laws in the State of Florida provide that any individuals injured in a car accident have the right to medical and chiropractic care paid for by their insurance provider at no fault to them. Seeking treatment for your injuries WILL NOT cause your car insurance premiums to go up.
The Insurance Company Has Been Calling Me And Wants To Settle, What Should I Do?
Do not sign or settle until you have had our West Palm Beach chiropractors evaluate your injury for you. Your accident may have caused injuries that are more serious than you realize and will become worse in time without sufficient care. If you settle your claim with the insurance company before your injury has been evaluated and/or treated, you will be responsible for paying your medical bills on your own. If uncertain of what to do, we can refer you to a qualified, reputable personal injury attorney in palm beach county, fl who can advise you on the details of your case. Personal injury attorneys will work on a contingency fee for auto accident injury victims so there is no out-of-pocket expense for the client.
I've Been To The Hospital And My Medical Doctor, Do I Really Need to see my West Palm Beach Chiropractor?
You need to see a doctor who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of auto accident injuries. ER physicians are trained to rule out life-threatening conditions. They do not treat the underlying soft-tissue damage and musculo-skeletal imbalances that cause chronic pain after auto accidents. Our West Palm Beach chiropractors are specifically trained to detect and treat these car accident injuries including: back pain caused by muscle spasm, disc bulge, disc herniation, sciatica, neck pain from whiplash, sprains, strains and headaches.
Who's Going To Process All The Paperwork?
Our staff will handle all the documentation and billing for you, so you can focus on your treatment, therapy and recovery.
See if you are a candidate for
The Trinity Method
Regenerative Medicine for Disc and Joint Pain Relief Developed by Dr. Hope